Hearty Keto Beef Stew in the Crockpot
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Crockpot keto beef stew is the ultimate comfort meal.
‘Tis the season for keto soups and stew recipes!
This savory low-carb stew is the perfect keto dinner idea for colder nights. Made with tender chunks of beef and fresh vegetables, this stew is packed with hearty flavors. With beef stew, you usually toss your meat in all-purpose flour to have a creamy broth but with this low-carb version, we use coconut flour to get the same effect.
After several hours in the Crockpot slow cooker, the stew is ready when you are with minimal effort on your end!
Hip tips for making this keto beef stew recipe:
- Sear meat first to really seal in the flavor before adding it to the slow cooker.
- Slow and steady wins the race—cook on low for 8 hours to tenderize the meat and let all the flavors develop.
- I used fresh vegetables, but a bag of frozen mixed vegetables will do the trick and save you even more time while prepping. You can even switch up the recipe and add any veggies you want to suit your family’s tastes. Here are some of the best and worst vegetables for the keto diet.
- In full transparency, I did throw some carrots in this recipe as my family loves them. 🤷♀️ They can easily be omitted to keep this recipe lower carb, though a 1/2 cup of chopped carrots would add just under .5g net carbs per bowl.
After your first bite, you won’t be able to resist a second helping! This savory stew is bursting with rich, meaty, comforting flavors and the whole family will be asking for more!
Who doesn’t love a bowl of hearty meat and veggie stew to warm up with?
Keto Beef Stew
yield: 7 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 7 HOURS
total time: 7 HOURS 20 MINUTES
Low-carb beef stew brings rich flavors together in the Crockpot, making it a perfect dinner on cold weeknights.
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat or chuck roast, cut up into 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 2 to 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon Kerrygold butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup radishes, diced
- 1 cup jicama, diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 cups organic beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
This meal is family-approved!
This stew is the perfect way for the whole family to end a busy day. Not to mention it’s also the perfect meat to veggie ratio. Yum! 😋
My Hip teammate Jenna tried this keto beef stew, and here’s what she had to say:
“Hearty is the perfect descriptive word for this – what a great dish! I love the use of the radishes and jicama in place of the potatoes; it’s brilliant. There isn’t anything in this that I would change. It has so much flavor and is so filling. It’s perfect for these cold winter days and so easy to make; just brown the meat and throw everything in your Crockpot, then hit start!”
Looking for another quick dinner idea? Try out this Crockpot Keto Cabbage Roll Soup!