This Crockpot Keto Beef & Broccoli Tastes Better Than Chinese Takeout
Ready for a yummy keto Crockpot meal idea?
You’ve gotta try this tasty keto beef and broccoli dinner idea that’s super easy to make using your CrockPot slow cooker for convenience. Better yet, it’s a recipe the entire family will love!
Not only does it incorporate easy to find ingredients, the result is a yummy sesame ginger beef and broccoli you can serve over cauliflower rice to complete this simple weeknight meal.
Tips for making keto beef and broccoli in the Crockpot slow cooker:
- I chose to quickly brown the meat with a little oil, salt, and pepper on the stove before placing it in the slow cooker for additional flavor. You can, however, choose to skip that step if in a hurry! Just season and place inside the slow cooker if desired.
- Adding a touch of sweetness gives it that yummy Chinese takeout vibe, so I added Swerve brown sugar substitute to keep things keto, though you can use your favorite keto-approved sweetener.
- I always keep a bottle of ginger paste in the fridge since it lasts for weeks and is easy to use. You can always sub in the same amount of freshly minced ginger instead.
- I served mine over a little cauliflower rice and it was such a great keto meal! For the nutrition, don’t forget to add about 2g net carbs per every 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower rice.
Crockpot Keto Beef and Broccoli
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
Pieces of tender beef and broccoli with a sweet and savory sauce all cooked together using a Crockpot for convenience.
- 2 pounds flank steak, sliced thin against the grain
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (such as Swerve brown)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon Xanthum gum *optional thickening step
Keto beef and broccoli was a hit with my family!
Sometimes my kids aren’t fans of keto meals, and this one was a winner with everyone, which always makes for a less stressful dinnertime. The sauce has a savory-sweet taste and really makes this meal special. Make sure to spoon extra sauce over the meat and broccoli when serving. 😋
See what my taste tester teammate, Jenna, had to say about this recipe:
“The whole family loved this meal! I don’t think I’ve ever used the CrockPot to make anything in an hour before! I love the use of the tubed ginger paste — I have never tried that before and it worked beautifully! It was so much easier than grating ginger.
Overall, I loved the flavor of the sauce! I put mine over cauliflower rice and it was delicious!”