This Keto Bacon Cacio e Pepe is So Simple!
I love easy one-skillet dinners!
This keto bacon Cacio e Pepe is a super simple and tasty Italian classic that means “cheese and pepper” in English. This keto bacon version is delicious – and replacing traditional noodles with spiralized veggies is both healthy and yummy. Enjoy!
- The best way to make squash and zucchini noodles is by using a spiralizer, and I think it’s fun to do! There’s lots of spiralizers on Amazon to choose from if you don’t have one. We love this highly-rated OXO spiralizer, as it’s easy to use right out of the box, and cleans up easily.
- In a pinch, look for bags of zucchini that are already spiralized, at your grocery store!
- Salt brings out moisture in squash and zucchini when cooking, so add a touch of salt if desired, after cooking to avoid soggy texture.
Keto Bacon Cacio e Pepe
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
Spiralized squash noodles cooked with garlic, olive oil, topped with parmesan and bacon.
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 medium-sized squash or zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- fresh ground black pepper
This keto meal is a family favorite, for sure!
Not only does it look beautiful, it tastes YUM. The kids like eating these “noodles”, and I appreciate how easy and delicious this simple idea is!