Keto Avocado Brownies – You’ll Never Look at Avocados the Same
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
These keto avocado brownies are sinfully delicious — who knew avocados could work magic in brownies!
These keto avocado brownies will fool even the pickiest of eaters in your family.
We love sharing yummy keto desserts, and this one is oh SO good! I literally spent days trying to come up with the perfect low-carb brownie for all of us keto eaters. We don’t need to settle for a flat, blah-tasting brownie, RIGHT!?
Well, I finally created the brownie everyone has been asking for and it has a secret ingredient!
This keto avocado brownie hits all the notes of a traditional fudgy brownie, from the thickness to the rich and creamy chocolate flavor. A lot of the brownies that I’ve tried seemed to be lacking the creaminess that I love! After many attempts (and a lot were coming up with a texture issue), I’ve finally created the perfect keto avocado brownie recipe.
The key to the creaminess is the one and only AVOCADO!🥑
Yes, the avocado that is too ripe on the counter is the perfect magical ingredient for this brownie recipe. Finally, a brownie that tastes just like a sugar-loaded, high-carb brownie but it’s actually a delicious keto avocado brownie!
Check out all of our avocado recipes.
Tips for making the best keto avocado brownies:
- Make sure you sift the almond flour or purchase ultra-fine almond flour. This helps eliminate the grainy texture.
- Let’s talk avocados! Remember those brown bananas, and how instead of throwing them in the trash, you made banana bread? Well, you now can do that keto-style with super-ripe avocados, so don’t throw out that browned fruit and make avocado brownies instead.
- You really need to let the brownies completely cool before diving in. They’re much better after you’ve let them sit for a while so they can firm up a little.
- I love adding walnuts or pecans to the top of the brownie before baking, but that’s totally optional based on your preference.
- I recommend using a 9 x 9-inch baking pan to get a thicker brownie.
Keto Avocado Brownie
yield: 9 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
This low-carb brownie recipe is perfectly thick, super chocolatey, and incredibly creamy due to adding an avocado.
Don’t be alarmed by the high total carb count!
Fiber and erythritol (the main ingredient in many keto sweeteners) do not affect blood sugar in the same way that regular carbs do, so we subtracted them from the total carb count. You’ll see that the net carbs are much lower once you remove the sugar alcohols and fiber.
The keto dessert of your dreams!
Thanks to this magical fruit, these avocado brownies are next level. Keto baked goods recipes always get a bad rap for being too dry and grainy, well this low-carb recipe is a game-changer! They hit the spot without needing a gallon of milk to try to swallow them down.
They are rich with chocolatey goodness, and without the guilt of all the carbs in traditional brownies. Try to have just one, I dare you!
Here’s what my teammate Jenna had to say after making these keto avocado brownies:
“We all loved these brownies and not a single one of the kids asked if they were keto, so that’s a big win in my book! These have a great flavor, especially once they sit for a bit. They are chocolaty, chewy, and the perfect brownie! You’ll never guess they’re sugar-free!”
Make delicious low-carb almond milk at home! It goes perfectly with these brownies!