Make Your Own Jimmy John’s Unwich with our Keto Copycat Recipe
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you love the Jimmy John’s Unwich, you can make this keto copycat at home!
Are you a fan of the Jimmy John’s Unwich?
I am! It’s a perfect yummy keto lunch because it’s like eating a traditional sandwich – except tightly wrapped in lettuce minus the carb-loaded roll. The best part is you can completely customize the fresh ingredients to fit your individual taste, and it’s easy to make, too!
Start by picking your low-carb ingredients:
Really, any of the lunch cheese and meat combos will work out, but this is how I made my copycat Jimmy John’s Unwich today. The sandwich I always order at Jimmy John’s is the #12 Beach Club which features turkey lunch meat, tomato, provolone cheese, mayonnaise, and avocado.
I used a couple of pieces of iceberg lettuce to make my wrap, but I’m sure you could use another lettuce like butter or romaine instead. I think bacon would be a great addition to this sandwich! Next time I’m trying it. 🙂
Turkey & Provolone Jimmy John's Unwich
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
Here's how to make a copycat Jimmy John's keto friendly meal at home!
- 3 large pieces of iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon real mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 oz. of turkey lunch meat (3 to 4 slices)
- 10 slices cucumber
- 3 slices tomato
- 1/2 small avocado
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 slices provolone cheese
Stack 3 leaves of iceberg lettuce together to form a "bowl".
Start by spreading the mayonnaise on the lettuce leaf, followed by mustard, turkey lunch meat, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, salt, pepper, and finally the provolone cheese.
Tightly wrap the lettuce around the fillings. Transfer the lettuce wrap to a piece of parchment paper. Tightly wrap the parchment paper around the lettuce wrap like a burrito, folding the ends in.
Cut the Unwich in half and fold or tear away the parchment paper as you eat to help keep everything in place. Enjoy!
Yield: 1 serving, Serving Size: 1 Unwich
Amount Per Serving: 464 Calories | 34.9g Fat | 12.4g Total Carbs | 6.2g Fiber | 3.7g Sugar | 24.9g Protein | 6g Net Carbs
Tips for making the best copycat Jimmy John’s Unwich:
- One good tip for separating lettuce is to first core the head of iceberg and then rinse the lettuce, letting the water gently separate the leaves. It works!
- Once the leaves are separated, you’ll create a “bowl” with three of the leaves by stacking them together. You then fill the bowl with your Unwich ingredients and roll up the lettuce bowl around the filling. Thanks to @julesfood on Instagram for this lettuce wrap method! If this method doesn’t work for you, you can line up two to three leaves in a row, slightly overlapping, and then roll up your unwich that way.
- Don’t forget to pick up parchment paper! It’s essential to TIGHTLY wrap your sandwich with it to make it easier to eat.
- The easiest way to eat an Unwich is to peel down the paper as you eat. That way you don’t even have to touch the insides with your hands, and everything stays neatly together.
Hooray for a DIY Unwich!
I love the crunch from the lettuce, and this whole Unwich is a super satisfying meal! I appreciate this keto idea to feed a family because everyone can kind of customize their own version. Plus you can totally wrap up an Unwich and bring it on the go to eat! Yum!
Here’s what my Hip sidekick, Emily, had to say about this Jimmy John’s copycat recipe:
“I’ve made plenty of lettuce wraps in my day and this is probably one of my favorites. There’s something about the flavor combo of turkey with cucumber, tomato, avocado, and provolone that is so good! And the mayo and mustard too! It’s perfection!”
Just made my first unwich for lunch. Didn’t wrap it super great, but it was still really good! I went meatless. I put two slices of Gouda cheese, sliced tomato, sliced onion, pickles, two slices of Morning Star Farm bacon crumbled, and guacamole.
Way to go Judy! That sounds super delish <3
This is a GOLD idea. I’ve been spending way too much at JJ’s getting their unwiches. I need to just make my own!
You are SO very welcome, Gina!
I tried my first unwich at Jimmy John’s. I was not impressed… watery. I stuck it in a low-carb wrap at home, and it was much better. I guess I still need some “bread” for a sandwich.
Hi M.J.! Thats ok too. Whatever works for your lifestyle ❤ Somedays I use a wrap too & some days I eat it without!
Made my first unwich today ( just started keto), I used iceberg lettuce, chorizo, beef tomato, cucumber, stuffed olives, salami and chipotle sauce and mayonnaise. Really nice.
How exciting! Sounds delicious! 😋 Thanks for sharing how you made yours! 💖