Bye, Subway! These Italian Sub Keto Roll-Ups are Yum!
Fulfill your craving for Italian subs!
Put together these Italian hoagie roll-ups faster than a sub & sandwich shop can make the real deal – and they log in at just 1 carb each! The trick is ensuring that you use your favorite classic sub toppings for the nostalgic flavor.
These are not only great for a quick lunch or snack, but they also make a perfect party dish. You can roll up a platter of them for grab-and-go snacks, and all of your guests will love them – even the ones that aren’t following a keto diet!
- Store-bought dressing can also work. If you have a favorite sub dressing from your classic hoagie days, that should work instead of this dip recipe, assuming the dressing logs in at zero carbs. For example, Beano’s Original Submarine Dressing is a quick, zero-carb substitute for this dip.
- Don’t apply the mayo all the way to the top of the meats. When you roll them up tightly, the mayo will squeeze up slightly and ooze out of the top. In this recipe, salami was at the top, so we only applied the mayo up through the top of the pepperoni (the second meat from the top).
- Cheeses have different carb amounts. We used Boar’s Head Picante Provolone, sliced thin for this recipe. Each slice is half an ounce, which contains 0.5 carbs. However, if your cheese is a different brand or is sliced thicker or thinner, you may find that the carb count is different.
- Refrigerate these if you aren’t eating them right away. If you plan to make these in the morning so you can enjoy them later in the day (or if you’re making a platter of them for a party), keep them chilled until it’s time to serve them.
Italian Sub Keto Roll-Ups
yield: 5 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
The savory flavors of an Italian sub -- but grain-free and made in minutes!
- ¼ pound genoa salami
- ¼ pound sandwich pepperoni
- ¼ pound prosciutto
- ¼ pound picante provolone
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 of a small red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Try your own variations!
Now that you’ve got the hang of the roll-up process, you can take it beyond the Italian sub and try it with your other favorite meats, cheeses, and toppings – just make sure the carb counts are equally low, and you can create a whole line of delicious roll-ups! Enjoy!