The BEST Keto Waffle Recipe EVER (Tastes Better Than The Real Thing!)
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Keto waffles are super easy to make and they honestly taste like you’re eating a cheat meal breakfast!
Yep, these delicious little cakes are truly fabulous, and here’s why…
For starters, the batter is a snap to make and they puff up to a beautiful golden brown in the waffle iron. They are soft on the inside with a nice chew on the outside.
You can also utilize this keto waffle recipe for make-ahead food prep by making a bunch and freezing them! Just pop them in the toaster for breakfast on rushed mornings.
Many keto waffle recipes are time-consuming and tedious, and you end up with a product that has the typical almond flour taste and texture. UGH!
We’ve spent hours perfecting the BEST low-carb waffle recipe ever to transform your breakfast routine into something even tastier!
Tips for making the BEST keto waffles EVER:
- Make a double batch and freeze these babies! Just because you’re busy doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a tasty morning waffle. Simply place cooled waffles on a sheet pan, and pop them in the freezer for an hour or so. Then transfer them to a large freezer bag or storage container. If you’re reheating them using a toaster, plan to make four 4″ waffles per batch so they fit in the slot.
- In a pinch, you can substitute flax meal for psyllium husk, but I don’t think the texture and taste are quite as good.
- For this keto waffle recipe, I’ve had great luck with Thrive super-fine almond flour, NOW brand psyllium husk powder, and Lakanto monk fruit sweetener with erythritol. For the topping, my fave low-carb “maple” syrup is ChocZero sugar-free maple syrup.
- When serving a group, I use this method — First, I make all the waffles in the waffle iron. Then, I place them directly on the middle oven rack in a preheated, 300-degree oven for 5 minutes. This allows everyone to enjoy a warm, crisped waffle together!
Keto Waffle Recipe
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
A must-try recipe with a true waffle taste and texture! Makes 4 small or 2 large waffles.
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 2 tablespoons keto sweetener, granular (we used Lakanto)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs (best at room temp)
- 1/4 cup block cream cheese, 2 oz (softened)
- 3 tablespoons butter, 1.5 oz (softened)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Topping idea: sugar-free maple syrup
My non-keto kiddos like these keto waffles better than regular waffles!
That’s the truth, and they had no clue that they were keto until I told them. Winner, winner, waffle dinner! My family likes them with berries and no-sugar-added homemade whipped cream, which are great additions.
Easy recipes like this are a lifesaver, and this one doesn’t disappoint.
Here’s what my teammate Lina thought of my keto waffles:
“Wow, these waffles are legit yummy! I loved how easy they are to make and the taste and texture are excellent. If you are missing out on eating morning waffles, definitely give these a try. I especially enjoyed the addition of almond extract and feel like it made them taste fancy!”