Easy Low-Carb Orange Julius Copycat Recipe
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Looking for a refreshing keto drink recipe? This low-carb Orange Julius is fruity & delicious!
Do you miss the bold, citrusy flavor of a freshly squeezed orange while you’re living the keto life? Although eating low-carb is meat and cheese heaven, it can often leave you craving something fresh and fruity.
Today, I’m sharing our keto Orange Julius copycat recipe that is ridiculously easy to make and low carb.
Relish the essence of an Orange Julius, minus 100 grams of carbs!
I know that number is staggering—Like, WOW!! 😮 True fact, a large-size original Orange Julius packs a crushing 103g net carbs per serving compared to this Hip2Keto Orange Julius copycat recipe that has only 1.8g net carbs per serving.
I now give you permission to cry… Happy tears are good for the soul, and 1.8g net carbs is certainly something worth celebrating! 🙌 Not to mention, you’ll also have a frothy, creamy, and refreshing drink bursting with fresh orange flavor in hand.
Tips to make the best at-home keto Orange Julius:
- Crush your ice. Using crushed ice versus ice cubes makes all the difference. If your refrigerator doesn’t have a crushed ice function, no worries! Simply grab a cutting board and place cubes in a zip-lock bag on top. Then crush by hand using a meat mallet or hammer.
- Make certain to use pure orange extract and not orange flavoring. Trust me, they are NOT the same thing.
- Looking to purchase a small capacity blender? Check out this best-selling NutriBullet.
- Prefer a thicker consistency? Try adding in additional ice and cream cheese to thicken it up!
- If you don’t love orange flavoring, you can swap out the orange extract for fresh lemon or lime juice!
Low-Carb Orange Julius Copycat
yield: 2 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 5 MINUTES
This easy to make Orange Julius recipe is frothy, creamy, and bursting with fresh orange flavor.
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons erythritol, confectioners (or more to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure orange extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- food coloring (optional for orange color)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups crushed ice
- orange slice (optional for garnish)
The story behind the original Orange Julius…
Founded in 1926 by an orange-crazed fella named Julius Freed, the guy simply loved oranges. In fact, he liked them so much that he decided to open his very own orange juice stand. Business was slow, but lucky for Julius, he had a buddy named Bill Hamlin who came up with the idea to blend fresh oranges with other ingredients to combat the acidity.
Julius’s passion for oranges combined with Bill’s creative concocting founded a formula for success… and business soared! So much so that the big wigs over at DQ took an interest. Consequently, in 1987, Orange Julius became a fully owned subsidiary of International Dairy Queen.
Love copycat recipes? Make this McDonald’s Shamrock Shake!