Grill Up These Low-Carb Cheesy Jalapeno Hot Dogs
Miss jalapeno poppers? You can still enjoy that zesty flavor.
Elevate your next keto hot dog cookout with the addition of cheese and a jalapeno on the grill. The result? Savory low-carb cheesy jalapeno hot dogs that aren’t too spicy but which satisfy your desire for added flavor!
- Wear kitchen gloves to avoid painful hot pepper burn when working with jalapenos.
- The longer you cook the jalapenos, the less spicy they’ll be. If you want them super spicy, leave them pretty crispy on the outside, but if you’re seeking a medium amount of zest, grill until quite soft.
- No grill? No problem! You can cook them in a pan over medium heat on the stove – just keep the lid on to soften the peppers.
- We tried this with a few different kinds of cheese, and they all work well, so consider adding some variety to the filling.
- These dogs are heartier than they look – even if you normally eat more than one hot dog, just one of these may fill you up.
Cheesy Jalapeno Hot Dogs
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
Each dog is under 3 net carbs!
- 4 extra large jalapenos (or 8 shorter ones)
- 2 slices American cheese
- 4 hot dogs
- Non-stick cooking spray
Don’t forget the condiments!
You can either drizzle your favorite condiments onto the dogs as you would on a bun, or you can dip each bite into your favorite sauce!
Love to BBQ? Check out the BEST keto cookout recipes!