Grill Up Cheesy Jalapeño Hot Dogs for a Simple and Spicy Twist
Try stuffing hot dogs with cheese and wrapping with a jalapeno pepper for a spicy twist!
Craving jalapeño poppers? You can still enjoy that zesty flavor.
If you can’t get enough of ooey gooey melty cheese paired with the spicy and crunchy jalapeno peppers, we’ve got the best summertime recipe for you. Elevate your next outdoor cookout with keto-friendly jalapeno hot dogs! The result is a savory low-carb hot dog that isn’t too spicy while satisfying your desire for the delectable flavors.
The concept is not only simple, but such a fun switch up to traditional grilled hot dogs! The jalapeno pepper takes the place of carb-heavy buns making these dogs easy to eat. Plus, this method will have all of your friends thinking, “why didn’t I think of that sooner!”
Hip tips for making the best keto jalapeño hot dogs:
- Wear kitchen gloves to avoid painful hot pepper burn when working with jalapenos.
- The longer you cook the jalapenos, the less spicy they’ll be. If you want them super spicy, leave them pretty crispy on the outside, but if you’re seeking only a medium amount of heat, grill until quite soft.
- No grill? No problem! You can cook them in a pan over medium heat on the stove – just keep the lid on to soften the peppers.
- We tried this with a few different kinds of cheese, and they all work well, so consider adding some variety to the filling.
- These dogs are heartier than they look – even if you normally eat more than one hot dog, just one of these may fill you up!
Cheesy Jalapeno Hot Dogs
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
Try this twist on a classic grilled hot dog by stuffing it with cheese and wrap with a jalapeño pepper!
- 4 extra large/long jalapenos (or 8 shorter ones)
- 2 slices American cheese
- 4 hot dogs
- Non-stick cooking spray
Don’t forget the condiments!
You can either drizzle your favorite condiments onto the dogs as you would on a bun, or you can dip each bite into your favorite sauce!
Love to BBQ? Check out the BEST keto cookout recipes!