We Took IKEA’s Official Swedish Meatball Recipe & Made it Keto-Friendly!
Flavorful keto meatballs complete with a rich sauce, based on IKEA’s official Swedish Meatballs recipe.
Do you love famous IKEA Swedish meatballs for dinner?
Well, guess what?! We’ve made our own keto Swedish meatballs version (& accompanying sauce!) that are so delicious, you won’t even be able to tell the difference from the original!
When IKEA released its secret recipe for their famous Swedish meatballs, we noticed quickly that they’re unfortunately not keto-friendly. Bummer! No worries though, as we came up with a low-carb keto version that is sure to impress your family at dinnertime!
I am telling you, this meal is the definition of comfort food! These savory meatballs are so darn good, and something interesting to add to your keto weekly meal rotation!
Tips for making the best keto Swedish meatballs:
- I suggest letting the meatballs chill in the fridge for about an hour after forming so they won’t fall apart while cooking. You could even make them the day beforehand as a meal prep step to save time.
- I’m a fan of cast iron so I seared the meatballs in the pan, then made the famous sauce in the same pan after to really get that deep, delicious flavor.
- Can I skip the xanthan gum? Unfortunately no, because this is what makes the sauce thicken beautifully like gravy! Xanthan gum acts as an emulsifier and a binder and adds volume to gluten-free and keto baked goods.
IKEA Inspired Keto Swedish Meatballs
yield: 5 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 50 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
Flavorful meatballs complete with a rich sauce, based on IKEA's official Swedish Meatballs recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Keto copycat success!
These keto Swedish meatballs will definitely give IKEA a run for their money, and the low-carb sauce is really the winning piece of this dish! It’s super creamy thanks to the cream and butter, plus it’s got a punch of flavor from the ground mustard. I literally could just drink the sauce – it’s THAT good!
With only 4.7g net carbs per serving, these hearty meatballs are the perfect keto dish that’ll satisfy a hungry appetite. I hope you try them out yourself!
Check out more amazing copycat recipes from our favorite restaurants!