Best Ever Keto Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Ready to get in the kitchen and bake a cozy cake perfect for the holidays?!
You’ve got to check out this moist keto spice cake full of warm and delicious flavors like cinnamon and nutmeg. It’s a delicious keto dessert that you should consider making this fall and winter!
The best part – this version is easy to make using low carb ingredients to help keep us on track with nutrition, while still allowing for a guilt-free sweet treat!
Hip recipe tips for delicious keto spice cake:
- Be careful not to overmix the batter as this can affect the texture of the cake.
- I used a mixture of Swerve Granular and Swerve Brown Sugar substitutes to bring in some of that molasses texture and color.
- If you like your cake to be especially moist, check for doneness using a toothpick before the recommended baking time of 30-35 minutes is up. Depending on your oven and your texture preferences, you may find that your cake is ready a few minutes earlier.
- I baked my cake using an 8-inch square cake pan, but you could bake individual cupcakes if desired by decreasing the bake time to 15 minutes and test for doneness using a toothpick.
- Consider adding nuts either in the batter or sprinkled on top of the frosting. Sometimes I top mine with walnut pieces and it’s so good that way! Note: Nutritional values don’t include nuts.
Keto Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
yield: 9 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
Moist keto cinnamon spice cake with a sweet cream cheese frosting.
For the cake:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Swerve, brown granular
- 1/3 cup Swerve, granular
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
For the frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Swerve, confectioners
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
This cake is SO GOOD and SO EASY to bake!
I’m always so amazed by how something as simple as switching out the flour and sugar for keto ingredients can yield such a delicious low carb cake!
If you’re a spice cake fan, you should definitely try baking this version, as I really think you’ll love it too. The overall taste and texture are so yummy, and the cinnamon cream cheese frosting makes it an over-the-top cake experience!