Keto Rice Krispie Treats (Less Than 1g Net Carb)
A classic treat, gone keto!
Oh, how I loved Rice Krispie treats for a snack as a child, and I remember making them with my mom after school. They are easy to make and such a fun treat for holidays, parties, or even cookouts.
Today I’m sharing with you how to make keto rice krispie treats as my low carb take on this traditional treat!
This yummy keto-friendly snack will even fool your family into thinking they are the real thing – yep, they are that good! Plus, you can adjust the cereal used to reflect you and your family’s taste.
Want to keep it classic? Go with a frosted keto cereal. Or you can get a little wild and use a fruity variety to make colorful keto rice krispie squares!
Tips for making the BEST keto rice krispie treats:
- I really loved using the Frosted HighKey protein cereal, but feel free to change it up by using their Fruity, Cinnamon, Honey Nut, or Cocoa flavored cereals. For a limited time, you can save 15% off your HighKey cereal purchase when you use promo code HIP2CEREAL at checkout. Or save 20 % off your first subscription with promo HIP2CEREAL.
- Keto marshmallows are hard to come by, but luckily Know Brainer has their line of Max Mallows in a few different flavors. I went with Classic Vanilla and loved the results!
- Try drizzling melted ChocZero Chocolate over the keto rice krispie treats for an over-the-top yummy dessert!
Keto Rice Krispie Treats
yield: 9 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
This sugar-free sweet treat is simple to make thanks to store-bought keto marshmallows and protein cereal!
- 1 full box of HighKey Cereal
- 1.5 bags Keto Max Mallow marshmallows (14 marshmallows)
- 2 tablespoons butter, salted
- 1/3 cup ChocZero white chocolate chips
This kiddo favorite classic is officially keto!
In the case of the classic rice krispie treat, this recipe shows you don’t have to give up your favorite treats… you just have to find a way to make them keto-friendly! These sugar-free squares really deliver the flavor you’ve grown up loving all while keeping it low carb.
I can’t wait to make these again for the holidays!
Here’s what my teammate Jenna had to say after making this keto rice krispie treats recipe:
“These not only look yummy, but they also smell amazing and taste so good! What a fun keto-take on a classic no-bake treat. I had a lot of fun making this and it took less than 5 minutes to do so. My kids really enjoyed them and were begging for more!”
Looking for another sweet treat to try? Make these delicious keto donuts!