Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Pecan Crust
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Embrace the flavors of fall with this easy keto pumpkin cheesecake recipe!
This Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake is the perfect fall and holiday dessert, so much so that I couldn’t recommend a better treat to take to all of your fall festivities!
Be warned: even if you make it just once, everyone will be asking you for this low-carb pumpkin recipe! It’s got a punch of spice and a delicious gluten-free pecan crust that’ll have people talking well after your gathering is over.
Don’t want to miss another tasty recipe?
The pecan crust alone is amazing!
From making countless cheesecakes over the years and experimenting with many different types of crust, I found that using pecans is my favorite method.
Whether I’m doing keto or non-keto cheesecakes, pecans work great for balancing out the sweetness of the dessert. Pecans also blend well with almond flour as it is a softer nut. The combination creates a perfect taste and texture. And it goes amazingly well with this keto pumpkin cheesecake!
Tips for making the best Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- When using canned pumpkin, make sure it’s PURE pumpkin purée. Some store-bought pumpkin purées can contain sugar. Make sure you don’t get canned pumpkin pie filling.
- Let the cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs come to room temperature. This will give you a consistent texture throughout your cheesecake and makes it easier to mix everything together.
- Place your cheesecake pan in a water bath before putting it in the oven. Since most cheesecakes are made with eggs, adding your pan to the water bath allows the cake to bake evenly and properly rise. The water bath provides a humid and contained area which helps the cheesecake rise slowly to give you that height without all the cracks.
- Avoid opening that oven door to take a peek! Opening the oven creates temperature changes which can cause cracking (don’t worry; your home will still smell like fall).
- Want to make an easy keto whipped topping for your pie? Mix 1/2 cup heavy cream with 1 tablespoon of a keto sweetener and whip it with a handheld mixer until it reaches a stiff peak. Optional but yummy, add some vanilla extract too.
Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake with Pecan Crust
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
Made with a pecan almond flour crust and the most delicious keto pumpkin cheesecake filling.
For the pecan crust:
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon keto brown sweetener (optional)
For the pumpkin cheesecake filling:
- 16 oz. (2 blocks) full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup full-fat sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup keto granular sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 15 oz. can pure pumpkin purée
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- keto whipped cream (optional)
This will be your new favorite cheesecake!
I’ve made a lot of cheesecakes over the years, but I’ve gotta say that this keto pumpkin cheesecake tops all of them!
I just love pumpkin, and I think you’re going to really love this recipe too.
Here’s what my Hip sidekick Jenna thought about this Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake:
“WOW! This takes pumpkin pie to a whole other level. I have always been a cheesecake fan and this one is fantastic — super impressed! I will definitely be making this again in November to take to Thanksgiving. Quite a few relatives are low-carb and/or gluten-free and I’m excited to make a fun dessert that they can enjoy too, so this will be perfect!”
Want more pumpkin? Try this recipe for our easy keto pumpkin mug cake!