Keto Fettuccine Alfredo with Sausage & Cabbage Noodles
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This keto fettuccine alfredo with sausage and cabbage “noodles” is to die for!
Move over zoodles, cabbage is in the house!
Using cabbage as a keto pasta substitute is my new favorite, and making this keto fettuccine alfredo with cabbage is nothing short of a miracle. I could eat this every night for a week and still want more! The nice thing about cabbage is that it holds up a lot better than zucchini noodles or “zoodles” and doesn’t get mushy.
Inspired by this viral TikTok video, I had to try it out myself and share! The rich keto alfredo sauce is made from butter, cream cheese, sour cream, and heavy whipping cream. It’s seasoned simply with garlic, lemon, salt, and pepper to let the flavors of the sausage shine through. So drool-worthy!
Making this keto fettuccine alfredo casserole is fairly simple.
One of the best things about this meal is that you basically make the whole thing in a baking dish. You put the sliced cabbage, onion, and garlic in the baking dish, then top it with the ingredients that make the alfredo sauce. Then you sprinkle it with the seasonings and throw it in the oven.
While the cabbage is roasting with the alfredo sauce ingredients, you’ll get to cooking the sausage. The final step is adding some parmesan cheese to melt over the cabbage alfredo mixture and finish by topping with parsley. Trust me, it’s amazing!
Tips for making the best keto fettuccine alfredo with sausage and cabbage:
- Slice the cabbage as thin as you can, about a 1/4-inch thick to make your “fettuccine”. Roasted cabbage makes wonderful keto “noodles”. Be sure to discard the large, tough stem pieces.
- Don’t skip out on the lemon in this recipe. It adds a wonderful brightness to the dish. You could use 3 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice if you don’t have a fresh lemon.
- I used Italian sausage but you can use any sausage links; brats or even kielbasa will work!
Keto Fettuccine Alfredo w/ Sausage & Cabbage
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
Sliced cabbage "noodles" roasted with onions, garlic, and a keto alfredo sauce made with cream cheese, sour cream, butter, and heavy whipping cream, then topped with sausage.
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup salted butter (half a stick) + 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 - 8oz. blocks full-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shaved or shredded
- 1 pound Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, to garnish
So tasty and filling!
This keto sausage alfredo with cabbage is so satisfying. I wasn’t joking when I said I could eat it every night! The keto alfredo sauce takes the prize with this dish, and of course, the cabbage noodles are incredible. They’re so good, I might not ever use zoodles again.
My Hip sidekick Lina made this recipe and here’s what she had to say:
“Wow, this keto sausage cabbage alfredo was so AMAZING!! You won’t miss the traditional noodles with yummy tender roasted cabbage. It’s so much cheese with is super fantastic and filling! The sausage just throws it over the edge delish. You can even try smoked sausage which would be yum. Honestly, this is one of the best keto meals I’ve had and it’s a must-try. Plus having it made in a casserole dish is super easy and convenient!”
Looking for more keto inspiration, check out our recipe for keto sausage stuffing!