Have Your Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Cake and Eat It Too!
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This keto cake is what chocolate hazelnut dreams are made of. 🤤
Do you miss sneaking spoonfuls of silky Nutella right out of the jar or indulging in one too many fancy Ferrero Rochers? Well, you’re in luck because the ChocZero Chocolate Hazelnut Spread is totally keto-friendly with no sugar added, and still filled with all that delicious and sweet chocolatey, nutty goodness. So – of course, we decided to make a decadent keto chocolate cake with it!
Get all the frills and none of the added sugar with this luxurious keto chocolate hazelnut cake that will have you feeling like you’re in keto dessert heaven. 😍
This keto chocolate hazelnut cake is easier to make than you’d think!
What’s better than indulgent layers of chocolate hazelnut cake? A rich and fluffy frosting on top and in between. 🤤 This recipe might seem elaborate but I promise it’s surprisingly simple.
Tips for making the best keto chocolate hazelnut cake & frosting:
- Get extra nutty. To really bring out the hazelnut flavor in the ChocZero spread, I used 1 cup of finely ground hazelnuts. You can make your own or buy hazelnut flour, but also feel free to substitute it for more almond flour if that’s what you have on hand.
- Don’t have cake pans? Make 12 adorable mini cakes! This recipe can be used to make 12-16 cupcakes in a muffin pan (depending on how much you fill the pan). So if you don’t have cake pans or want smaller portions, just make them cupcakes!
- Add tang and tenderness. Mix the room temperature almond or coconut milk with the apple cider vinegar and let sit for at least 10 mins to curdle. This will create a buttermilk effect that really adds to the flavor of the cake.
Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Cake & Frosting
yield: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 30 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
A rich and decadent chocolate cake baked with ChocZero's chocolate hazelnut spread and a rich whipped cocoa hazelnut frosting.
Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Cake:
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk room temperature (or coconut milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup hazelnut flour (or more almond flour)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup keto powdered alternative sweetener
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup ChocZero Chocolate Hazelnut spread
Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 cups keto powdered alternative sweetener
- 1 1/8 cup ChocZero Chocolate Hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Even non-keto peeps will be drooling over this cake! 🤤
I gave my carb-loving boyfriend a slice without telling him it was keto and he LOVED it! So much so, he asked for more even after I told him it was low carb. 🤯 I cannot thank ChocZero enough for creating this delicious spread — I’d almost forgotten how much I missed having creamy chocolate + hazelnuts in my keto life!
My sidekick Jenna gave this recipe a try and here’s what she thought:
“I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I’ll say it again – we are Nutella crazed in this household. The kids eat it often and put it on almost everything. I LOVE that ChocZero has saved the day again, and I also love that this dessert uses the keto chocolate hazelnut spread in both the cake AND the frosting!
It’s so decadent and everything a cake should be! I had a nice-sized slice with a cold glass of almond milk… for breakfast! 😆“