Keto Chocolate-Covered Cherry Fat Bombs
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This treat is the bomb! 💣
Need a little after dinner keto dessert or maybe just an afternoon pick-me-up low-carb treat? Then these keto fat bombs are just the treat for you. From the creamy dark chocolate to the luscious chocolate cherry-flavored filling, they are the perfect snack to keep you on track while you’re living the keto life.
You won’t want to miss out on these keto chocolate-covered cherry fat bombs!
These delicious keto fat bombs are quick to make, and they’re perfect for sharing (…only if you really want to!). I’ve already added them to my Thanksgiving and Christmas dessert list as I know they will be a huge hit even with my non-keto family members! These little guys will for sure be eaten by everyone.
Tips for making the BEST keto chocolate-covered cherry fat bombs:
- I opted to scoop out the cheesecake filling with a small cookie scooper, but you can get really creative if you opt to use a silicone mold (like a heart, star, or shell) – perfect if you are creating these fat bombs for a special occasion.
- Fat bombs can be stored in an air-tight container for up to one week in the fridge. You can also freeze these if you are making them ahead of time and they can be stored in the freezer for up to three weeks.
- The secret to these yummy fat bombs is the OliveNation Cherry Extract! It’s so flavorful and really sets these fat bombs apart. If you’d like to grab some, head to the OliveNation website and use promo code HIP2KETO to save an additional 20% off your purchase!
Keto Chocolate Cherry Fat Bombs
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
Whipped cocoa and cherry filling gets coated with a rich chocolate shell for a decadent fat bomb all will enjoy!
Cocoa Cherry Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (but not hot!)
- 1/4 cup keto-friendly granular sweetener (I used Lakanto Golden)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons OliveNation cherry extract
- 1/2 teaspoon OliveNation vanilla extract
In a large mixing bowl, add all cocoa cherry cream cheese filling ingredients together. Mix with a handheld mixer for two minutes.
Using a scoop, place rounded cocoa cherry cream cheese balls on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or mini muffin tin.
Place in the freezer for 15-30 minutes to firm up. You can even freeze overnight if you'd like to save dipping them in chocolate for the next day.
When ready to start dipping, add keto-friendly chocolate chips to a microwavable-safe bowl and melt in the microwave for 15-second intervals, stirring each time. This will take about 45 seconds to completely melt. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the chocolate chips to give the chocolate a smoother texture.
Remove fat bombs from the freezer. Using tongs or two spoons, dip one fat bomb at a time into the melted chocolate, completely coat, and lift out of the chocolate letting the excess drip back into the bowl or cup. Place the chocolate-coated fat bomb back on the parchment-lined pan or cooling rack and let the chocolate harden.
*You could also drizzle the chocolate over the cheesecake fat bomb if you'd prefer not to use the dipping method.
Once the chocolate has hardened, store in an air-tight container in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Yield: 12, Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: 136.8 Calories | 13.9g Fat | 5.7g Total Carbs | 0.6g Fiber | 4.0g Sugar Alcohol | 1.5g Protein | 1.1g Net Carbs
One bite and you’ll be in chocolate cherry heaven! 🍫🍒
The smooth velvet texture with a punch of cherry is the perfect combination for these yummy keto fat bombs. I’m so glad I stumbled upon this cherry extract to make my cocoa cherry dreams come true! I don’t know about you but I’m always excited when I can have sweet treats without all the added sugar and carbs.
Yes, you can enjoy delicious desserts while keeping it keto!
Here’s what my teammate Jenna had to say after making this keto fat bomb recipe:
“Wow, these fat bombs are so incredibly tasty! I had a feeling these would be a new favorite just from the recipe name, but I was really impressed with how well they turned out. I love the combination of cherry and chocolate, and these sure hit the spot! The chocolate shell is the perfect addition for an added crunch!”
Want a more savory fat bomb? Check out this bacon-filled variation!