Keto Green Chile Cabbage Enchiladas Recipe
Hip2Keto may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
These keto green chile cabbage enchiladas are the low-carb answer to your enchilada questions!
Need a keto alternative for your enchilada addiction?
Swap out tortillas for cabbage in this delicious green chile chicken and cabbage enchiladas recipe! These keto-friendly enchiladas have all of the flavor of traditional Mexican enchiladas without the extra carbs to bog you down.
Thanks to the robust flavors of green chilies, cilantro, and green onions you won’t even notice the taste of cabbage in this lighter version of the popular Mexican dish. You will fall in love with enchiladas again, and we wholeheartedly encourage that!
Hip tips for making these keto green chile cabbage enchiladas:
- I used a rotisserie chicken for extra convenience, but you could use leftover chicken or turkey, or prepare chicken breasts using your preferred cooking method.
- Do your best not to tear the cabbage leaves while removing them from the head. I ran mine under warm water as I was peeling them, and this helped quite a bit!
- If you’d like a thicker sauce, you could try using a little less chicken broth or letting it simmer a bit longer so more of the moisture can evaporate. You could also add a keto-friendly thickening agent like xanthan gum.
- If you have any leftovers, they keep well in the fridge and are every bit as yummy the next day!
Green Chile Cabbage Enchiladas Recipe
yield: 7 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
A fantastic keto alternative for your enchilada addiction!
- 1 head of cabbage
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (7 oz. cans) green chiles (14 oz. total)
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese, optional
This recipe makes seven cabbage enchiladas. I mention this because if you would prefer not to use the cabbage, you could eliminate it and use seven low-carb tortillas instead.
As you can see from the pictures, I topped ours with more chopped cilantro and green onion. These were so good, and a totally guilt-free way to scratch that itch for Mexican enchiladas. I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine did. I will definitely be making these again!