Keto Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats (Just 4 Ingredients Needed!)
It’s time to get a little saucy!
Who said that Buffalo Wing sauce was reserved strictly for chicken wings? In this creative twist on the spicy classic, zucchini halves are filled with tangy ground chicken and topped with melty cheese for a meal or appetizer the whole family will love.
Here’s how to easily make 4-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats –
Making these zucchini boats is as simple as browning the meat, filling the zucchini halves, and popping them in the oven for a final bake. Even though you’ll only need four ingredients for this recipe, the end result is bursting with tangy Buffalo wing flavor. YUM!
You could also use ground turkey if preferred. I have done this in the past and it always turns out delicious, too!
Keto Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Ground chicken or turkey takes a zesty turn thanks to spicy buffalo wing sauce, served inside a zucchini half.
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup buffalo chicken wing sauce
- 4 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese, shredded
- Optional toppings: chopped green onions, crumbled bleu cheese, chopped celery
Hip tips for making these buffalo chicken zucchini boats:
- Use a melon baller for easily scooping out the zucchini halves. Once you master this simple technique, you’ll find yourself wanting to stuff zucchini boats will all sorts of different low-carb fillings! Try them out as a low-carb alternative to taco shells on your next taco night.
- Get creative with your Buffalo chicken filling. You could use a rotisserie chicken, leftover shredded chicken from another meal, chopped grilled chicken, or even a can of chicken in a pinch.
This meal is super yummy and low carb!
Not only is this dish a family-friendly hit, but it’s also a great way to use up zucchini when it’s in season.
Buffalo chicken zucchini boats are super satisfying with lots of tangy spices and melted cheese goodness! They’re easy to prepare and a must-try idea if your family likes Buffalo chicken flavor. Enjoy!