Quick & Easy Keto English Muffin Recipe
Missing English muffins since you’ve gone keto?
I love grabbing an English muffin in the morning to have with my coffee. I’ll sometimes throw on some bacon and eggs for a delicious breakfast sandwich. Unfortunately, traditional English muffins are loaded with carbs and off-limits to those living the keto life… until now!
Introducing the keto English muffin!
This easy keto English muffin recipe delivers the flavor you love without all the added carbs and sugar that are in a traditional muffin. Not to mention it’s ready in under two minutes… yep, you read that right!
This recipe is perfect for those rushing out the door (or those who just want a quick breakfast!) and it’s a simple way to say bye to those bread cravings.
Hip tips for making the best keto English muffins:
- I love using my ramekin dishes in the oven and microwave (they’re a great investment!), but if you do not have a ramekin dish, you can easily use any coffee mug or a shallow bowl instead to make this.
- When toasting keto English muffins, make sure to set your toaster to a low setting. I tried a normal toast temperature and it burnt my first batch, so I did a low toast setting for two rounds of toasting to get a nice golden toasted English muffin.
Keto English Muffins
yield: 2 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 2 MINUTES
total time: 7 MINUTES
Delicious low carb English muffins made with almond flour and a few simple ingredients that cook up in under two minutes!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon keto granular sweetener (optional for sweeter muffins)
5 Serving Batch:
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 2/3 tablespoons keto granular sweetener (optional for sweeter muffins)
Keto English muffins are a low carb breakfast made easy!
I love that with this recipe you can make one or you can triple the recipe and make a week’s worth in under 20 minutes. These muffins store beautifully and are seriously the easiest keto bread to make for breakfast or to use for low-carb sandwiches.
You can store keto English muffins in a sealed container for 3-4 days or in a Ziploc freezer bag and place them in the freezer for up to 3 months! I usually make a big batch and always have a bag in the freezer at all times so they’re ready to pop in the toaster when my cravings hit.
My team member, Jenna, gave this recipe a test for me, and here’s what she had to say:
“I love how versatile these are! The flavor and consistency is so great and I can’t believe they are actually low-carb! They’re fantastic with butter, a sugar-free jam, or even some ChocZero hazelnut spread! YUMMO! I made mine the night before and reheated them in the morning and they were so delicious.”