Bake These Soft and Gooey Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Love cinnamon rolls?
Well, luckily you don’t have to miss out on rich and gooey cinnamon rolls because you can make your own grain-free, sugar-free, and DELICIOUS keto cinnamon rolls right at home! Plus, they happen to be easy to make – I love recipes that are simple and yummy!
These would make such a terrific low carb addition to any special occasion brunch, and are perfect to bake during the holidays.
Start with some easy-to-make Fat Head dough!
I made a batch of this awesome almond flour and mozzarella cheese Fat Head dough that we usually make for pizza! Yep, all I did was add some baking powder, sweetener, and vanilla extract to the dough, and it works great for quick and easy keto cinnamon rolls.
Simple process for baking cinnamon rolls!
Roll out the dough like you would making traditional cinnamon rolls, and then add melted butter, sweetener, and cinnamon. I chose to use brown sugar Swerve for the inside of my rolls and they turned out YUM! You can use your preferred sweetener instead, but I love how the Swerve caramelized nicely just like traditional rolls.
- Almond flour dough can be sticky sometimes, so I recommend refrigerating this dough for at least 15 minutes, so it can dry out a little in the fridge before rolling it out.
- Roll out the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Grease parchment paper with a little non-stick coconut oil spray or melted butter. This will help it not stick! (I had to go back and re-do this step, so learn from me.)
- Roll out your rectangle, and the dough should be a little thicker than you would roll for the pizza (about 1/4 inch thick).
- Once rolled. up, cut into about nine one-inch pieces and arrange in a pie pan so they have a little room to rise.
Keto Cinnamon Rolls
yield: 9 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Rich and gooey cinnamon rolls that are sugar-free and grain-free!
For the Dough:
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar free sweetener ( I used Swerve, granular)
For the Rolls:
- 1/3 cup sugar free sweetener (I used Swerve, brown)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Icing:
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar free sweetener ( I used Swerve, granular)
Rich & gooey cinnamon rolls!
Oh my goodness, these taste so dangerously YUM. The cream cheese frosting throws it over the top! If you love cinnamon rolls, you’ve gotta try these easy to make Keto ones. Such a great idea to make these if you’re having a craving.
I think you can definitely prepare these the night before Christmas, and put them in the oven to bake in the morning! Your family will LOVE them!
In a hurry? Make this microwave cinnamon roll in a mug!